Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan, Astana, Esil district, 19 Kabanbay street, block A, announcing about the starting of the “Implementation and adaptation of the software and hardware complex on meteorology and computing cluster (supercomputer)” Governmental-private partnership (further – GPP) project preparation.
Deadline for submission of proposals on the GPP project’s technical, financial, legal and other necessary parameter’s of optimal solutions is July 20, 2016, to an authorized contacts:
Rakysh Aidar Sagyntaiuly – Main expert of the Ecological monitoring management of the Ecological monitoring and information department of Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, telephone number +7 7172 74 08 90, e-mail address: email@example.com.
Realization of the above mentioned project with the applying GPP mechanisms going to base in the headquarter of Republican State Enterprice (further – RSE) “Kazhydromet” of the Ministry on Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, address: 11/1 Orynbor street, Astana, Kazakhstan, for more information please contact: +7 7172 79 83 13, +7 701 752 76 01.
Required minimum parameters on the draft
“Implementation and adaptation of the software and hardware complex on meteorology and computing cluster (supercomputer)”.
The software and hardware complex-is the combination of software and technical tools co-used to solve the certain types of task which includes the following subsystems:
1. Data collection and exchange subsystem – is a universal data collection system from the meteorological instruments, stations, air probes, meteorological radars and etc. Data exchange is intended for automatically switching of messages, for automatically receiving, controlling and transferring of the meteorological data and services in accordance with the World Meteorological Organization (further – WMO) standards.
2. Data processing subsystem – is intended for meteorological data processing, for providing storage, for presenting data, for providing their security and work of the numerical weather prediction models.
3. Integration subsystem – is needed to interact with the WMO’s information system, to transfer and receive data from the other National Hydrometeorological Services.
4. Climatological data management subsystem is needed to manage all climatological data, to save the meteorological characteristics of the country, to benefit from the information about environment, to create, produce and disseminate meteorological services. The functions of this subsystem is creation of services, based on graphic information, providing the transmission of useful information to the customers, preparation of weather reports and the statistics on climatology field. It ensures daily, ten-day and monthly reports, provides analysis of repeatability, distribution of accumulated repeatability, provides the table of conjugation signs, data’s of monthly average. Provides graphs and wind rose for each weather station and graphs of time series for each parameter of each type of data.
5. Meteorological service providing subsystem which is based on a web application (meteoportal) for the branches is necessary to provide meteorological service of population; to give access to subsystems for the collection and exchange of data, to the climate data management subsystem, to the climate data, to the information of processing subsystem; to provide climatological service to the customers, to make an automatic formation and distribution of products and alert in clearly specified format (as press releases, tele and audio formats, websites, SMS messages, public information screens, etc.)
6. Subsystem of Hydrometeorological information’s visualization is needed to display the weather information.
Computing cluster’s (supercomputer) with the maximum of efficiency should be no less than 30 teraflops.
It’s necessary for the numerical weather prediction methods, which are based on the equation of the motion, heat flow, continuity, moisture transfer, atmospheric contaminants and became a mathematical expression of physical laws (laws of momentum, energy and mass) and the equation of state. These equations are nonlinear and do not have an exact solution, that is why numerical methods used to solve them. Initial equations are discretized in time and space, and converted into a system of linear equations linking to the sets of physical parameters at selected points (computing network nodes). If more dots used to calculate, respectively increases accuracy of the model and the requirements to the computing power of computers.
Thereby, technological development of the means and methods of forecasting climatological system assumes creation recourses of supercomputer.